HVCC Staff

HVCC Staff
Yipee

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

3 options with Jesus

Interesting. I was reading in John 8 this morning and Jesus said this:

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but
will have the light of life."

What struck me today were the words "follow me". I thought about how I have done three different things with Jesus in my life...

*Ignored Him. For the first 14 years of my life, I didn't care about Jesus. Then there have been other times, even as a Christian, where I did not think about Him.

*Used Him. Ow. It hurts to admit this, but I have used Jesus. It usually happens when I'm ignoring Him and something goes wrong. All of a sudden, Jesus is my "buddy". Why? I need help. Now, Jesus is loving and gracious and responds to this call for help, but it's not optimal.

*Follow Him. This is the goal of my life now. I want to remain in HIM all the time so that His life fills me. GPS is the key to this. You can KNOW Jesus and He can guide you when you recenter your life around Him.

Which of those three describe you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment