HVCC Staff

HVCC Staff
Yipee

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another Pastor quits

I heard about another Pastor who quit recently. It's a very common thing. Lots of Pastors quit every year. Usually the reasons are always the same:

-Ridiculous expectations
-Low pay
-Little support/encouragement
-Constant conflict
-Church politics
-An impossible schedule
-Rising demands of members (all demanding different things)
-The pain of leadership

...and on and on the list goes. However, what I was told about this one that left was a little more humorous. Here's the quote I was given:

"I'm a fisher of men and they wanted me to be the keeper of the aquarium."

Too funny! I can't say I've heard that one too often, but I sure know how he feels. In my first Church, it was all about "Let's just keep things as they are" despite the fact that they were going under. They didn't care about that and didn't want to change anything. So they didn't and now they no longer exist. I'm always amazed how many churches will cling to their traditions right to the grave.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment