HVCC Staff

HVCC Staff
Yipee

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fail fast and fail cheap

In an earlier blog, I talked about how much I LOVE this saying. I found it in an article we were reading and discussing at staff recently and since then, I have been unable to get it out of my mind. Now I think I know why.

Many of you know that I do monthly mentoring phone calls. I find churches that are healthier than HVCC and I write the Pastor and ask permission to interview them by phone. Some say yes and some say no. Last week, I struck gold. I had a 90 minute interview with a guy doing rural, multi-site. I learned so much I came out of that interview bouncing off the walls with excitement! He showed us how to "fail fast and fail cheap" in our multi-site experiment. It has led to MANY hours of discussion already among the staff and leaders as we process what we learned and make plans to implement it. It's highly possible we could have five sites in the next year. Of course, it's also possible we could only have the two we currently have.

I'll continue to give you more details as the plan unfolds, but it's pretty exciting right now. The possibility of reaching out to even more people far from God has me completely jazzed! What if we were able to reach 1000 people in SW WI with the good news of Jesus? Amazing.

On a side note, is there someone you need to call for your own mentoring interview? Someone who could help you learn a key piece that would improve your marriage, parenting relationships, business, ministry or life? Take the risk! Most of the time, people are flattered to be asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment