HVCC Staff

HVCC Staff
Yipee

Monday, July 5, 2010

Time to rest

I'm off on vacation...actually, this first week is not vacation. I'm actually preaching five times at a camp. It's a great Christian camp just over the border in IA called Village Creek Bible camp. I'm preaching on marriage and family for five days. Then we come back and we're going to do something we've never done before. We're going away for a week and leaving the boys behind! They don't enjoy sitting on a beach reading books all day anymore. We were a little reluctant to leave them until we realized that they are both one year away from leaving for college. Gulp! I guess it's just time to trust them and see what happens. We'll have lots of people checking in on them :)

I plan to read a LOT of books on "emotional intelligence" this summer. It's the ability to learn how to really listen to another person. I have a friend who is a professional counselor in this field and he says it's supposed to be the #1 key to success in life. That definitely made me curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment